SNYDER NAMED LIFE CARE’S DIRECTOR OF NURSING OF THE YEAR
Congratulations to Ellen Snyder of Life Care Center of Kirkland
Ellen Snyder, director of nursing for Life Care Center of Kirkland, Washington, was named Life Care’s Company-Wide Director of Nursing of the Year on April 20, 2009.
The award is given to the director of nursing who demonstrates outstanding qualities in several areas, including customer service ratings, staff development and successful state surveys.
Snyder received the award during Life Care’s Directors of Nursing Annual Meeting held in Nashville, Tenn. She was selected from all the directors of nursing in Life Care’s more than 220 skilled nursing facilities throughout the country.
During the ceremony, Snyder was praised for:
• Leading the facility to a deficiency-free survey in 2008 and a nursing deficiency-free survey in 2007.
• Being actively involved with local schools of nursing and with nursing organizations such as the Washington Health Care Association and the National Association Directors of Nursing Administration.
• Being available at all hours, all days of the year.
• Encouraging her nursing staff and other associates with cards, flowers and awards for doing their jobs well.
• Providing education to associates regarding disease processes and how to best care for residents with differing needs.
• Taking on projects beyond her normal duties, including answering call lights, cooking meals for associate appreciation and remodeling the public bathrooms.
“I’m truly honored and touched,” said Snyder. “There will be a lot of fun and celebration at the facility. Success comes from enabling your staff. This is a facility award.”
Life Care also honored seven divisional winners and a customer-service award winner.
“Our directors of nursing show love by living our vision every day with our residents, families and associates,” said Cathy Murray, Life Care’s chief operating officer. “We appreciate their leadership in our facilities and their caring actions. They are truly an inspiration.”
“To be a director of nursing requires a very talented individual,” added Dee McCarthy, Life Care’s vice president of clinical systems. “Not only must they possess superior clinical knowledge and leadership skills, but they also need a passionate commitment to consistently providing resident-focused, quality care. Our directors are some of the most gifted in the industry. To be recognized from this group is an incredible honor.”
About Life Care Center of Kirkland
Located in a quiet residential neighborhood, Life Care Center of Kirkland’s flower-filled gardens, courtyard and cheerful indoor Garden Room, provide a comfortable place for residents and families to sit and visit or just enjoy the view. Extensive activities and entertainment, visiting families and pets and a friendly staff set the tone for a positive healing environment.
Our interdisciplinary care team includes 24-hour nursing staff, wound, cardiac, stroke and orthopedic care specialists, registered dietician, social services, physicians, and an outstanding 28-member therapy team. Our team approach to care focuses on each patient’s individual needs as they recover from surgery, injury or illness.